Cody Rhodes interview - why he'll get over on Smackdown vs. Raw, says he's taking Christian's spot



WWE wrestler Cody Rhodes says he doesn't believe he had a "character" on Raw being part of Legacy. He says he's looking forward to actually being someone more than just a second or third-generation wrestler on Smackdown.

"I really wasn't a character on RAW. It was 'here we have our second-and third-generation superstars.' Now, fans will have the opportunity to see who Cody Rhodes is," Rhodes told
Tim Baines for the Sun newspapers in Canada.

Rhodes said his character "needs to evolve" after being introduced to the audience with Legacy. He says he's looking forward to being in the ring more-often on Smackdown, which has led to two stand-out matches the first few weeks he's been on the brand.

"Raw was more of a variety show. Smackdown is more of a wrestling-based show. That's my area. It gives me a chance to showcase myself," Rhodes said. "I think things are going to be changing for me along with the brand change. As a fan, I like to see the talent evolve and I need to evolve."
ChristianCageArt_130GG_33.jpg

Rhodes also talked about wanting to take the spot of a veteran, like Christian, because he believes he has more to offer in the current era. It could be passed off as an in-character comment as a heel knocking a babyface.

"Smackdown is like a varsity team with a lot of talented freshmen," Rhodes said. "Somebody like Christian was a star of the 1990s, but I don't think he can have an impact like guys like Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston and myself. Vince (McMahon) believes in a survival of the fittest mentality."

No response to “Cody Rhodes interview - why he'll get over on Smackdown vs. Raw, says he's taking Christian's spot”

Leave a Reply

Page Navigation

 
span.fullpost {display:inline;}