Angelina Jolie Want To Retire From Hollywood



Angelina Jolie says she will not grow old making movies, talks retirement






She’s always said that children and family life come before her job as an actress and, this time, it seems that Angelina Jolie has set a deadline of sorts as regards the time she’ll continue working. In an interview with the latest issue of Vanity Fair magazine, in which she’s promoting her upcoming spy action flick “Salt,” the star talks about thinking of retiring, focusing on family life and what it’s like to be mother to six. 


Neither she nor partner Brad Pitt have any interest of growing old making movies, Jolie says very matter of factly: not because they don’t love what they’re doing but rather because they have learned that their priorities lie elsewhere, namely, with their six children. Of course, that’s not to say that they’re not doing their best right now, with the projects they have, but rather that they’ve decided the time will soon come to say good-bye to that and focus on something else.

“It’s not the most important thing in my life,” the star says of working in the movie industry. “Acting helped me as I was growing up. It helped me learn about myself, helped me travel, helped me understand life, express myself, all those wonderful things. So I’m very, very grateful, it’s a fun job. It’s a luxury. Look, I’m at work today in the middle of Venice. But I don’t think I’ll do it much longer. Because I have a happy home… I got back from work last night, and everybody was playing music and dancing and I suddenly found myself dancing around with a bunch of little fun crazy people,” Angelina adds.

And, while she says she could see both herself and Brad doing something else, for the time being, Angelina is focused on her upcoming projects: the spy movie “Salt,” a film with Johnny Depp, and a reported take on the classic Cleopatra story, where she’d play Cleopatra, while Brad Pitt is said to be considered for Marc Anthony. Jolie doesn’t say anything about this last project, but what she does mention is that fans should probably not hold their breath for a “Mr. and Mrs. Smith” sequel – or a film that would see her opposite Brad, for that matter.

“People have tried. And it’s strange: do we have kids in the movie? We’ve thought about that, but it becomes personal now that we actually have kids. And if we work on it, we pull from our own life, which is funny to us, but you feel strange sharing too much. We did ask somebody to look into Mr. & Mrs. to see if they could crack a sequel, but there wasn’t anything original. It was just, Well, they’re going to get married, or they’ve got kids, or they get separated. Never great. I’d love to. We’ve talked about it. We’d have to figure out who’s going to watch the kids, but it’s really about finding the right thing, because we’ve looked. When you’re a couple, there are certain things people don’t want to see you do. It becomes too indulgent, too personal,” Jolie says of sharing the same screen and movie set again with the man who is now her partner and the father of her children. 

No response to “Angelina Jolie Want To Retire From Hollywood”

Leave a Reply

Page Navigation

 
span.fullpost {display:inline;}